10 reasons to use an automatic wrapper
Pallet preparation at the end of the production line is a crucial part of the whole process. The packaged pallet is the element that connects us with our customer and it’s the first thing they’ll see when products are delivered.
An automatic pallet wrapper envelops pallets in a film efficiently and securely, protecting palletised items from dust and impacts. No manual wrapping can ensure the level of performance and final quality that automatic wrappers provide.
What are pallet wrappers?
Automatic pallet wrappers are specific machines designed to apply stretch film around a pallet that require no human intervention. They can be utilised for any type of product and easily adapted to any production setting. In addition, pallet wrappers let you optimise production and storage time, leading to consumption and cost savings.
An automatic pallet wrapper is unlike stretch hood machines, which employ more material and therefore cost more to operate, so it’s absolutely the go-to piece if you want to optimise your processes and recover your initial investment in a short time. Let’s look at the 10 main benefits a company can gain from adopting a pallet wrapper.
10 good reasons to choose an automatic wrapper
- Automatic pallet wrappers wrap the pallet and secure the load for shipping, preventing damage to goods from potential impacts, dust, humidity or debris. And to stabilise the pallet, corner protectors made of cardboard can be added for an extra layer of protection to more fragile items. This differs from the hooding process, which doesn’t offer this possibility;
- The capital investment for the purchase of these machines is decidedly lower than for hood machines. With respect to other automatic solutions or manual methods, they also allow for a considerable reduction in material and labour costs;
- They generate significant time and energy savings, which can be invested in other production-related activities. The machine even takes care of changing the film reel automatically, no operator required;
- The pallet wrapper can be integrated into automatic wrapping lines that convey the pallets to the machine and then collect and guide them to the truck loading area once ready;
- Operation of pallet wrappers is fully integrated into the company’s other activities as well, from production to palletisation;
- Compared to manual wrapping, automatic systems use highly competitive film, price-wise. The impact on the environment is lower, too, because they use less film;
- Wrapping paired with a printing and labelling system will enable full traceability of the product with a simple scanning system, for improved inventory accuracy;
- Extremely flexible system: unlike hooding systems, an automatic pallet wrapper maps out the geometry of a pallet and envelops it according to actual requirements thanks to a sonar system that adjusts the amount of film needed for each side. This means a more targeted approach at a lower cost;
- Pallet wrappers increase operator safety because they require very little interaction and eliminate risks to people and goods, including wear and tear injuries, falls and damages;
- Greater productivity and efficiency, considerably outperforming manual wrapping operations.
Regardless of warehouse size, automatic pallet wrappers are an efficient, integrated and safe answer to the needs of any type of company. Connect with our expert staff to learn more about all the pallet wrappers we offer!